Car Show Information
Over 45 Show Car Classes
Recent car shows include air and water cooled vehicles. Specific types are:
- 1. Thing - all years stock and modified
- 2. Radical
- 3. Dune Buggy - all years
- 4. Frame w/or w/o body - street or competition
- 5. Baja Bug - all years
- 6. Bug convertible - stock and modified
- 7. Bug (sedan) - modified - to 62
- 8. Bug (sedan) - modified - 63 to 67
- 9. Bug (sedan) - modified 68 and up
- 10. Bug (sedan) - stock - to 62
- 11. Bug (sedan) - stock - 63 to 67
- 12. Bug (sedan) - stock - 68 and up
- 13. Air cooled camper- split window
- 14. Air cooled camper - bay window
- 15. Air cooled van - all years, stock or modified
- 16. Truck type 2 - stock & modified - all years
- 17. Ghia convertible - stock - all years
- 18. Ghia (sedan) - stock - all years
- 19. Ghia convertible & sedan - modified - all years
- 20. Type III & IV - all years, stock and modified
- 21. Kit car - all years - must have vw engine
- 22. Special interest - judges decision
- 23. Golf, GTI, Jetta - modified to 95
- 24. Golf, GTI, Jetta - modified 96 - 99
- 25. Golf, GTI, Jetta, R32 - modified 00 - 04
- 26. Golf, GTI, Jetta, R32 - modified 05 - 08
- 27. Golf, Golf-R, GTI, Jetta, Rabbit, R32 - modified 09 & up
- 28. Golf, GTI, Jetta - stock to 95
- 29. Golf, GTI, Jetta - stock 96 - 99
- 30. Golf, GTI, Jetta, R32 - stock 00 - 08
- 31. Golf, Golf-r, GTI, Jetta, Rabbit, R32 - stock 09 - up
- 32. New Beetle sedan & convertible - Stock & modified - to 11
- 33. Beetle sedan - Stock & modified - 12 & up
- 34. Corrado - Stock and modified, all years
- 35. Passat - Passat WGN - Stock and modified, all years
- 36. Van and camper - Water cooled - stock and modified
- 37. Audi - All years - All models - Stock and modified
- 38. Fox, Early Rabbit, Scirocco, Quantum, Dasher, Cabrio - Stock and modified, all years
- 39. Touareg, Touareg 2, Tiguan, Routan, Phaeton, EOS, CC, Stock and modified, all years
Car Show Judging
Car Show Judging criteria (PDF file)
- Best of Show - Air Cooled: $100.00
- Best of Show - Water Cooled: $100.00
- Best Engine - Air Cooled: $100.00
- Best Engine - Water Cooled: $100.00
- Best Paint/Wrap - Air Cooled: $100.00
- Best Paint/Wrap - Water Cooled: $100.00
- Best Interior - Air Cooled: $100.00
- Best Interior - Water Cooled: $100.00
- Best Display: $100.00
We are always looking for experienced judges.
Judges are encouraged to contact Less Steger prior to the show by phone at 704-966-4541 or by email. Judges will receive a refund equal to the spectator admission, lunch the day of the event and an event T-Shirt; once their judging has been completed. Judges will not judge the class in which their car is entered. Cars will not be judged without proper registration.
New show car parking plan
In the past, show car parking was a bit on the challenging side. You had to buy your ticket at the gate, go to the black registration tent, wait in line to register and then park in your assigned row, if you could find space. This year we are looking to make some changes to improve and shorten the process.
After buying your show car ticket, proceed directly to the car show parking area, the staff will help you park as you arrive. If you have a trailer or support vehicle, please unload the car off to the side and then have the staff help park you. After you have parked and if you want to be judged, please proceed to the black registration tent and register for the judging. You will be asked when you register, where you are parked. Please be very specific. Each row will have a letter sign to assist you. All cars will be judged based on the class that you register under. For example, If you drive a Dune Buggy, you will be parked with all of the air cooled but only judged against other Dune Buggy's.
- If you want to park with friends or as a club, arrive together.
- Please work with the parking staff, our goal is to park you as you arrive to ensure the best use of space and the least amount of time wasted trying to find a space.
- After you are parked, don't forget to register if you want to be judged.
- If you feel that your car is a possible best in show and want to have your car "showcased" on pavement up front, email us or talk to Billy Oldridge, Show Car Coordinator on the day of the show.